Monday, April 18, 2011

Regrets

You know I was going to start this by saying that I don't have many regrets and then I started thinking about my past and I cannot say that.  I have lots of regrets, tons of regrets, most dealing with one of two issues and they are pretty interrelated.  My first set of regrets deals with social faux pas, some very serious ones that thinking back STILL make me want to blush.  Some only I know about and they will hopefully stay that way forever, others were extra embarrassing because everyone knew/ knows my social ineptness because of them.  I still regularly make these mistakes, you would think I would have learned by now, but no.  I will probably be the granny that is known for saying the wrong thing or being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

My second set of regrets deals with friendships.  I am really terrible at long distance friendship and I deeply regret it.  If you are family, there is no need to worry, I'm pretty good with immediate family and getting better at keeping up with extended family.  Anyone else though, I'm terrible about keeping up with.  It isn't that I don't want to keep up with people.  It isn't that I don't think about them, some of them a lot.  I will occasionally send out an email, but I know it isn't enough.  Sometimes I think about making a phone call, but I've never been a big phone talker so wouldn't it be wierd if I just out of the blue started calling people to "chat"?  I would think it's a little odd if someone did that to me, but I don't think I'd mind.  I will try to improve, but since I'm not sure how to improve I don't have much hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment