Friday, June 25, 2010

Achievement

I am no good at starting jobs that feel like they will take forever.  When I clean upstairs i clean every room before I start on Jovi's room because even with her helping it is always the messiest room.  I have had fabric cut out and ready to piece together for a quilt for Jovi for like 3 months because a whole quilt feels like such a big project and I keep putting smaller, "easier" projects in front of it.  And then there was my email inbox.  I started a new email account when I got married 6 1/2 years ago.  I went from RachelHirschy at yahoo to RachelElizabethFlores at yahoo for obvious reasons.  Anyway, I am much more likely to keep emails than throw them away and for the first few years I didn't even think about organizing my inbox and then by the time that I realized it would be very useful to have a lot of folders and an empty inbox it had turned into a job that felt like it would take forever to finish.  I even started organizing it several times throughout the years, but after a few hours I would loose focus or be interrupted.  As of a few days ago I had 1000 unread emails (these were mainly company coupons that I left just in case i might want to use it) and over 6500 emails. I had emails from 2004-2010, from friends, businesses and a whole bunch from my year long stint volunteering for a nonprofit.  After a few days and about six hours I am happy to report that I have an empty inbox and I still kept the important emails in my now fairly comprehensive collection of folders.  It may seem like a small achievement to many people, but it was a big one for me.  With this success I think I'm ready to start that quilt and maybe even tackle Jovi's closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment